Currently using WordPress 4.4.2, I'm in the process of developing some custom Visual Composer elements.
It seems (however), that whenever I want to use a textarea_html param (So the end-user can use the wysiwyg editor) I cannot seem to grab it's contents when rendering the template.
Contents of 'titled_content_box.php'
// called during vc_before_init
function integrate_titled_content_box(){
register_titled_content_box();
add_shortcode( 'titled_content_box', 'titled_content_box_func');
}
//Mapping of titled-contentbox
function register_titled_content_box(){
vc_map( array(
"name" => __( "Content box with Title", "mytheme"),
"base" => "titled_content_box",
"class" => "",
"category" => "Content",
"params" => array(
array(
"type" => "textfield",
"holder" => "div",
"class" => "",
"heading" => __( "Title", "mytheme"),
"param_name" => "title",
"value" => __("Box title", "mytheme"),
"description" => __("The title covering the content box", "mytheme")
),
array(
"type" => "textarea_html",
"holder" => "div",
"class" => "",
"heading" => __( "Description", "mytheme"),
"param_name" => "content",
"value" => '<p>Placeholder</p>',
"description" => __("The content", "mytheme")
)
)
));
}
// Setting values where necessary and fetching the template
function titled_content_box_func( $atts ){
extract( shortcode_atts( array(
'title' => 'title',
'content' => 'content'
), $atts) );
return include_vc_template('titled_content_box.php', $atts);
}
add_action ( 'vc_before_init', 'integrate_titled_content_box');
contents of the template used at the return statement:
<div class="titled-content-box">
<div class="title"><span><?php echo $atts['title']; ?></span></div>
<div class="content">
<?php echo $atts['content']; ?>
</div>
</div>
Does anyone know why my content-field is not loaded? The element itself is loaded, I can use it in VC... even the Title will be loaded and if I replace the field with a textbox, all still works fine and dandy... My end-user wants to format his content and is not able to use html formatting.
The only function not included is the 'include_vc_template' function, but all that does is pretty much fetching a string-defined php-file on a predetermined location and injects the $atts array. In all other elements I've made that works perfectly fine. However, for completeness i'll include it here;
function include_vc_template($template, $atts){
if(is_file(__DIR__.'/vc_templates/'.$template)){
ob_start();
include __DIR__.'/vc_templates/'.$template;
return ob_get_clean();
}
return false;
}
As this is a project i'm working on in my spare-time I can't help but to feel annoyed by a functionality not working as-documented... Most searches I've done simply referred my back to wpbakery's knowledge base page for vc_map()... Any pointers at all would be great!