I am working on some data analysis regarding beverage manufacturers in the US and would like to grab posts from the company facebook pages to mine some data using the standard facebook graph API. I am new to the facebook API and I am hoping to get some clarifications here that I can't find in the developer docs.
For a simple example lets look at 2 companies FB pages:
Now per the API documentation, I should be able to retrieve the posts on those public company pages via a URL as follows:
https://graph.facebook.com/COMPANYFBNAMEHERE/feed?access_token=MYTOKEN
or
https://graph.facebook.com/v2.5/COMPANYFBNAMEHERE/feed?access_token=MYTOKEN
This works for CocaCola: https://graph.facebook.com/v2.5/CocaColaUnitedStates/feed?access_token=MYTOKEN
This returns data as I would expect:
{
"data": [
{
"message": "The French \"yes! yes! yes!\" sounds like \"we! we! we!\" (lettered \"oui.\") \"C'est la vie\" sounds like (homonym) \"say LOVIE\" (like lovie dovie).\n\nSong of (rather than \"by\") Robbie Nevil: C'est La Vie\nhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGtf9QfITQw",
"created_time": "2016-02-06T02:52:17+0000",
"id": "820882001277849_452698638250376"
},
etc....
However when I try this for Bell's: https://graph.facebook.com/v2.5/BellsBreweryInc/feed?access_token=MYTOKEN
I get this:
{
"error": {
"message": "Unsupported get request. Please read the Graph API documentation at https://developers.facebook.com/docs/graph-api",
"type": "GraphMethodException",
"code": 100,
"fbtrace_id": "AWTxWye6vub"
}
}
I am not understanding why I am getting an error on Bell's page? It's a publicly available company FB page, so I can't imagine it's a restriction, but I can't understand why it wouldn't be returning the posts like CocaCola?
