0
votes

I'm making a Windows universal application 10, but when I build my solution, I've this error whit an inner exception.

The "GenerateResource" task failed unexpectedly.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.ResGenDependencies.TryGetPortableLibraryInfo(String libraryPath)
at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.GenerateResource.GetResourcesToProcess(List1& inputsToProcess, List1& outputsToProcess, List`1& cachedOutputFiles)
at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.GenerateResource.Execute()
at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.d__26.MoveNext()

What does it mean? I've no information about whit file or line I had this.

I use Visual Studio Professional 2015.

1
Which version of Visual Studio are you using ? Update 1 or no ? Have you tried to clean the solution before building it ? - Thomas LEBRUN
Are you refering to UWP or the (old) Windows 8.1 universal SDK ? - Jonathan ANTOINE
@Jmix90: the new UWP 10 - H. Pauwelyn
@ThomasLEBRUN: VS Proffesional 2015 update 0. Yes, I have clean it, rebuild it restart VS etc... - H. Pauwelyn
Can you try to update Visual Studio 2015 Update 1 ? - Thomas LEBRUN

1 Answers

1
votes

Download and install the Visual Studio 2015 Update 1.
https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/news/vs2015-update1-vs.aspx

That solved the issue for me.