I am facing a problem where a THREE.SpotLight is casting a Shadow without an object beeing in its frustum.
I have setup a simple scene containing a THREE.SpotLight and a plane-mesh. The SpotLight is set to cast Shadows and the plane to receive Shadows. There is a square Shadow visible on the ground plane, which is the size of the SpotLights shadowCamera. This scene is the right hand side of the image below.
A cube-mesh is now added and positioned outside the initial camera viewspace. By zooming out, a bit before the cube-mesh becomes visible to the camera, the Spotlight Shadow disappears. This is pictured in the left hand side of the image.
http://jsfiddle.net/L0rdzbej/157/
This happens in Firefox, from what I heared it is not the case in Chrome. What is happening here and how to avoid it?

box.updateMatrixWorld()after you set the box's position? - WestLangleySphereGeometry: jsfiddle.net/L0rdzbej/159 - Falk Thiele