0
votes

I'm trying to create a WPF application that makes a Skype video call with the use of Kinect gestures (Kinect SDK v2.0). I want to use the Kinect color camera in the video call, while still be able to use Kinect in my WPF application to detect the "hung up" gesture. Is there a way to do this? While the Skype video call is active, I don't really need Kinects color stream in my WPF application. I just need the Body stream to detect the gestures. I'm using the Kinect for Xbox One.

1

1 Answers

0
votes

Sure. It works out of the box like that. The SDK 2.0 is designed specifically to enable "simultaneous multi-app support":

Improved multi-app support enables multiple applications to access a single sensor simultaneously. - Developing with Kinect: Simultaneous multi-app support (on the very bottom)

There isn't anything special you have to consider. Since the SDK doesn't allow you to change any camera settings (like exposure time or gain), your applications basically just have read-access to the SDK, so they can't interfere with each other.

Just develop you applications separately and run them at the same time.