1
votes

I am totally new to automation and trying to learn RobotFramework. I am trying to write the scripts following some video guide. Usually robot scripts autocomplete in PyCharm IDE with desired color. I found the whole script along with 4 sections(Settings, Variables, Test cases and Keywords) are in green. Not sure how to change that thing.

***  Settings ***
Doumentation  This is some basic info about the whole suite

Library   Selenium2Library


*** variables ***


***  Test Cases ***
User must sign in to check out
    [Documentation]  This is somebasic information about the test
    [Tags]   Smoke
    Open browser   http://www.amazon.com  chrome
    Close browser


***  keywords ***

Also when I am running this scripts I am getting error

[ ERROR ] Parsing 'tests/amazon.robot' failed: File has no test case table.
2

2 Answers

2
votes

You cannot have two or more spaces between *** and Test Cases, and between *** and Settings. In the format you're using, two spaces mark the separation between two cells in a table row. The string *** Test Cases *** needs to all be in a single cell.

0
votes

Why not using the dedicated IDE, RIDE? It was kind of buggy before, but a lot of work has been done, and it works very well now. I strongly recommend giving it a shot, it makes the work a lot easier.