1
votes

I have Entity Framework 6.13 and I installed the EntityFramework.SqlServerCompact.6.1.3 NuGet package.

However, when I try to add a new model generated from the database I get error:

Your project references the latest version of Entity Framework; however, an Entity Framework database provider compatible with this version could not be found for your data connection. If you have already installed a compatible provider, ensure you have rebuilt your project before performing this action. Otherwise, exit this wizard, install a compatible provider, and rebuild your project before performing this action.

I have SQL Server CE 4.3 installed.

Part of app.config file:

<DbProviderFactories>
    <remove invariant="System.Data.SqlServerCe.4.0" />
    <add name="Microsoft SQL Server Compact Data Provider 4.0" 
         invariant="System.Data.SqlServerCe.4.0" 
         description=".NET Framework Data Provider for Microsoft SQL Server Compact" 
         type="System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeProviderFactory, System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91" />
</DbProviderFactories>
<connectionStrings>
    <add name="DataBaseModelContainer" 
         connectionString="metadata=res://*/DataBaseModel.csdl|res://*/DataBaseModel.ssdl|res://*/DataBaseModel.msl;provider=System.Data.SqlServerCe.4.0;provider connection string=&quot;Data Source=C:\Users\MyUser\Desktop\MyProj-master\SignalRSelfHost\ClientLocationSignalHost.sdf&quot;" 
         providerName="System.Data.EntityClient" />       
</connectionStrings>
1
Please show your connection string - The One
Install the SQL Server Compact 4,0 runtime MSI, install the latest EF Tools for Visual Studio, connect to the database file from the Toolbox - ErikEJ

1 Answers

1
votes

Install the SQL Server Compact 4,0 runtime MSI, install the latest EF Tools for Visual Studio, connect to the database file from the SQL Server Compact Toolbox