Hi guys I am trying to achieve something that I hope is possible but couldn't find the right way to find. I am using codeigniter 2.2.0 I want to use an url in codeigniter like
domain/username/controller/method/$args
Let me explain When user types an url like
domain/mike/job/editJob/12/urgent/
Here "mike" is someone's user name
"job" will be a controller alias
"editJob" will be a method
"12" and "urgent" will be parameter of editJob method.
editJob method will have three parameters.
I want "mike" as 1st parameter,
then "12" and "urgent" as second and third parameter.
So far what I have done in my routes
$route['(:any)/job/(:any)'] = 'job_c/$2/$1';
When I type in the url
domain/mike/job/editJob/12/urgent
in Job controller I get
"12" as first parameter
"urgent" as second parameter
and "mike" as third parameter
** Is there any possible way to get "mike" as first parameter and then the rest is okay**
Edited: One more thing if I pass three parameters after method then I am not getting the username!!
I need to have the username as first parameter because there may have multiple parameters in any method and there is a possibility to have conditional parameters as well.
One more thing I want to know. Is it possible to make such route that will work the same as my given route but the controller alias will also be wildcard. Or if there is any way to check if a segment in url is a controller then one route and if not a controller then something else should happen.
I am not a well describer still tried to keep it simple. If anyone knows something that will help me a lot.
Thanks
UPDATE Is there any way to keep the username "mike" in session from routes.php file thus I don't have to pass this as a parameter.
Updating Again I have solved the issue somehow. I am using
$route['(:any)/garage/([^/]*)/([^/]*)/(.*)'] = '$2/$3/$1/$4';
Here garage is nothing but a simple identifier for the route. This route will work when it gets garage as a second segment in url. It will work like
domain/user/garage/anyControler/anyMethod/manyParameters
It's completely dynamic only the garage is used as identifier. If you want you can use your controller name instead of using any identifier. then you don't have to declare same thing multiple times for multiple controllers but it will work fine. It will work for any controller and any method. In addition it supports dynamic number of parameters. I don't know if there is any better way to do this but it solves my issue. If anyone know something better then this then please share.