Alright, I'm a total noob in flash as3 so this must be very easy to solve I guess. I'm making a soundboard with recorded voices in flash cs6, very simple: 1 frame, ten buttons, each button makes a different sound. The problem is the overlapping of these sounds, so what I need is that when I press one button the other sounds stop playing. anyone please?
0
votes
2 Answers
0
votes
See the play() method documentation in the Sound class, it returns a SoundChannel object, which has a stop() method.
So you could do it like that (schematically) :
var currentChannel:SoundChannel;
button1.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, onButtonClick);
button2.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, onButtonClick);
button3.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, onButtonClick);
function onButtonClick(event:MouseEvent):void
{
/* provided you have implemented selectSoundByButton func somewhere */
const sound:Sound = selectSoundByButton(event.currentTarget);
if (currentChannel) {
currentChannel.stop();
}
currentChannel = sound.play();
}
More detailed description:
Let's say you want to create yet another fart button application in flash. That's what you have to do:
- Create a button symbol, add it to stage and give it an instance name in properties tab. Let's call it myButton
- Add the sound to library with file->import
- Export this sound to actionscript. Right click on a sound in library, check "Export for actionscript", "export in frame 1" on "actionscript tab". Fill "Class" input with a desired class name for a sound (e.g. MySound)
Then you have to trigger the sound playback on your button click. So you should put the following code to the first frame of your flash clip:
import flash.media.Sound; import flash.media.SoundChannel; import flash.events.MouseEvent; var currentChannel:SoundChannel; const mySound:Sound = new MySound(); function onClick(e:MouseEvent):void { if (currentChannel) { currentChannel.stop(); } currentChannel = mySound.play(); } myButton.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, onClick);
-1
votes
Add this to your code on each button before playing a sound:
SoundMixer.stopAll();
If you're adding actions directly from the timeline in Adobe Flash, there's no need to import the class. If you're working from an IDE like FlashDevelop or FlashBuilder, add this code to the beginning (after Package {):
import flash.media.SoundMixer;
Happy coding!