0
votes

I have 2 vectors called R_per and A_per with some distinct values. They share a common base called the per.

I need to plot both R_per and A_per w.r.t Per in a Bar plot. The bar must be grouped as shown in this picture:

http://it.mathworks.com/help/releases/R2014b/examples/graphics/BarGraphof2DArrayExample_01.png

They must also have a common X axis scaling.

I tried using plotyy and wrote the following code:

[hyy,hl,ho]=plotyy(per , A_per, per, R_per,'bar','bar');
xt = get(gca, 'XTick');
set(gca, 'XTick', xt, 'XTickLabel', {'200' '300' '400' '500' '700'})
set(ho,'facecolor','r','barwidth',0.2)
set(hl,'facecolor','g','barwidth',0.3)

What i get is a overlapped bar plot with uneven spacing and unclean Y axes.

I am unable to share my plot as i don't not have sufficient reputation Can someone help ?

1

1 Answers

0
votes

You can accomplish this using the bar function by combining R_per and A_per into a matrix:

AR_per = [A_per(:), R_per(:)];
bar(per,AR_per);

This will work as long as A_per and R_per and per all have the same length.