1
votes

I have installed Team Foundation server 2015 on my server machine. I have successfully created a repository and a project.I am also able to create a new project in visual studio and add to source control. But the problem is when I try to connect to the TFS from my local machine it does not connects.When i Go to Manage Connections(from my local Visual studio team explorer) And add my server URL (Which i copied from server TFS management console) it says The remote name could not be resolved. Am I missing some configuration at the TFS Server configuration end..? Any Ideas! Your help is much appreciated. Thank you!

1
There are many reasons which could lead the issue you have. So please help me to better understand your scenario: 1). Is your local machine and tfs server in the same network and domain? 2). What is the VS version? 3). Which user account you used to connect to TFS? - Vicky - MSFT
the ping from name from local machine is pointing to ip of tfs ? - Janusz Nowak

1 Answers

0
votes

You will need the instructions for configuring TFS for HTTPS. However, it would be far easier to use Visual Studio Online. Every account gets five free users, and MSDN subscriptions at the level of Pro and above are also free.