We are using multiple cassandra datastax cluster instances(6) to connect to cassandra using python. We are pooling these multiple connections to do some operations. Each operation is independent of other.
It works fine on a small number of operations, but once I try to scale up I get the following errors :
NoHostAvailable: ('Unable to complete the operation against any hosts', {<Host: 127.ption('Pool is shutdown',)})
and sometimes the following warning:
WARNING Heartbeat failed for connection (140414695068880) to 127.0.0.1
I tried changing some cluster object parameters but it did not help.
Following is the configuration of key space in cassandra I am using :
'class': 'SimpleStrategy', 'replication_factor': '1'
I am using lastest versions of cassandra and datastax driver for python. There is only one node is cassandra.
EDIT: More details:
The multiple cluster instances are in different processes (processes are created using the Python multiprocessing module) - one cluster instance per process. Lets call the proccesses Cassandra-Processes (CP). There are a bunch of other process that do some computation and need to look up a Cassandra DB, and write to it, occassionally. The current design is that each of these processes is mapped to one CP, and all DB reads/writes to be done by the process is done via this mapped CP. 'what' exactly is to be read/written is passed into a queue (again from the multiprocessing library) which the mapped CP reads.
We observe that this setup runs for quite sometime - and then suddenly Cassandra begins erroring out.