My use case is like this:
for a query iphone charger, I am getting higher relevance for results, having name, iphone charger coupons than with name iphone charger, possibly because of better match in description and other fields. Boosting name field isn't helping much unless I skew the importance drastically. what I really need is tf/idf boost within name field
to quote elasticsearch blog:
the frequency of a term in a field is offset by the length of the field. However, the practical scoring function treats all fields in the same way. It will treat all title fields (because they are short) as more important than all body fields (because they are long).
I need to boost this more important value for a particular field. Can we do this with function score or any other way?
"iphone charger"is shorter than the other text. Is this the rule by which you want to favor this text? You need to think about the matching rules and then think about how you can achieve this. Messing up withtf/idfis not desired, imo. - Andrei Stefaniphone charger- device_exec