This doesn't make sense to me with how MVC works in codeigniter. I have a 'controller/Company.php' loads using example.com/company/
function index() {
$page = uri_string();
$data['title'] = ucfirst($page);
$this->load->view('templates/header', $data);
$this->load->view('templates/top_nav', $data);
$this->load->view($page, $data);
$this->load->view('templates/footer', $data);
}
This loads 'views/company.php' and displays form:
<h1 class="page-title"><?php echo $title; ?></h1>
<?php echo form_open('company/update', 'class="form-horizontal" role="form"'); ?>
<input name="company_name" type="text">
<?php echo form_error('company_name'); ?> //if empty display error
//rest of form and submit button
I then have an update function inside the Company controller:
function update() {
$this->form_validation->set_rules('company_name', 'Company Name', 'trim|required');
if ($this->form_validation->run() == FALSE)
{
$this->load->view('company');
} else {
//update db, load model, post data, success, etc
}
}
My issues are:
- If I just load the form view again then I lose my header, nav, footer, etc.
- If I redeclare all 4 of those views, I lose the original data variables: $title, $page
- If I use redirect('company'); to load the controller again then I would lose the submitted data and the form_error('company_name'); would be empty
I hope I'm missing something big because I have been staring at this all day and search for answers but can't find a tutorial of how all of this is suppose to work in the "real world" Thanks
example.com/company/,example.com/company/name,example.com/company/name2? or how? - CodeGodie