I am trying to get our Android app to run under Chrome using ARC Welder on a Mac. The app is crashing soon after startup and I'm trying to look at the Logcat to see what is going on. I have found the following instructions in another thread that discusses how to do this.
- Open your debug APK in ARC Welder and run it
- Open logcat in Android Studio, (or what ever tool you normally use to view logcat).
- Open Chrome and type "chrome://inspect/#apps" in the address bar
- Hopefully you see your App name listed, click the 'inspect' link for your app.
- In the Javascript Console that appears type "plugin.shell('adbd')" and press enter.
- Now go back to Android Studio and you should see a load of log messages in the logcat, filter by your app name and hopefully you are good to go.
My problem is after step #3 I don't see my app listed when going to "chrome://inspect/#apps". I only see the ARC Welder app listed (and sometimes even that is not there). Hence there is no "inspect" link to click.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong? How can I view the app's Logcat when running under ARC Welder?