I would like to share content (essentially blocks of html) between templates.
For example, suppose I have a common footer section with a graphic or two, text and links to 'about us', 'contact us' and so on. I have different templates for different page layouts, but they all require this footer. So far I can think of three ways :
- Nesting templates : ie have a master one which has the footer content, then a child one for each layout, then the actual page template, but this could get tricky if some pages need a different footer
- Using a Partial View to hold the footer content and using @Html.Partial() to pull in the partial view on the various templates
- Create a settings document with the footer content and use Umbraco.Content() to fetch the footer property
Is any of these the recommended process (and are there any pitfalls?) or is there a better way?