i'm trying to update (merge) a field from a ListDataModel and I'm experiencing what I think is a bug in Jsf (Mojara) 2.2. The update only works if the PrimeFaces command button is clicked twice. I've read a number of posts on here and tried the solutions but nothing seems to be working:
h:commandButton/h:commandLink does not work on first click, works only on second click
commandButton only works on the second click
p:commandButton with p:fileDownload and no ajax only works in second click
The list comes from
<h:form>
<p:dataTable value="#{proDocFolBean.selectedProDocs}" var="docs">
<p:column headerText="Document Name:">
<h:outputText value="#{docs.docName}"/>
</p:column>
<p:column headerText="Description">
<h:outputText value="#{docs.description}"/>
</p:column>
<p:column headerText="Date Created">
<h:outputText value="#{docs.dateCreated}">
<f:convertDateTime pattern="dd-MMM-yyyy" />
</h:outputText>
</p:column>
<p:column headerText="Classification">
<h:outputText value="#{docs.classification}"/>
</p:column>
<p:column>
*** <p:commandLink value="Update" action="#{proDocFolBean.prepareUpdateDoc}"/> ***
</p:column>
<p:column>
<p:commandLink id="downLoadLink" value="Download" ajax="false">
<p:fileDownload value="#{proDocFolBean.downloadFromFolders}"
contentDisposition="attachment"/>
</p:commandLink>
....
</h:form>
Clicking the Update link in the above form calls a preparedUpdate method in the bean:
public String prepareUpdateDoc() {
docToUpdate = selectedProDocs.getRowData();
selectedId = docToUpdate.getProjectDocId();
docsFacade.find(selectedId);
return "UpdateProDoc";
}
The above method populates the update form:
<h:outputScript name="js/formbugfix.js" target="head" />
<p:inputTextarea rows="30" cols="60" value="#{proDocFolBean.docToUpdate.description}" immediate="true"/>
<p>
<p:commandButton value="Change" action="#{proDocFolBean.updateProjectDoc}">
<!-- <f:ajax execute="@form"/> -->
</p:commandButton>
I included a js script although I realize that PF has already fixed view state through embedded js. I thought possibility including a script as stated in this question.
might solve the problem but it results in the same behavior.
Finally, the form calls the following merge method in the bean:
public String updateProjectDoc() {
docsFacade.update(docToUpdate);
return "ProSysHome";
}
If I try to use an h:commandbutton or set ajax to false using the p:commandButton (without the js script), the form is simply refreshed and the updated value is not merged into the database. If i use the p:commandButton on its own, I am able to get the operation working but only after two clicks. This is very odd behavior and would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!
prepareUpdateDocreturns an outcome, so there is navigation involved? That makes bean scopes relevant. 2. Inp:inputTextareatheimmediate="true"doesn't seem necessary. - Vsevolod GolovanovupdateProjectDocmethod get called on the first click? - Vsevolod Golovanov