I created a new Azure Mobile App and set up my Sql Server database with it. I use an email address as the username, and then assigned a password.
Once the Mobile App and the Sql Server db setup completed, I was able to get my iOS app to target it and use the Azure authentication services without any issue. I then inserted some data in to a table in the iOS app, without any errors.
Now, I want to open the database and verify the data. Anytime I try to connect to the server using SSMS or Visual Studio 2015, I am told that the login failed.
I use an email address like [email protected]. When the sign-in fails, it says:
Login failed for user 'Johnathon'.
Is it the email address for a login causing issues? My ISP blocks port 1433, so I thought that maybe that was the issue initially. So instead of using VS or SSMS, I moved to the web-designer on the Azure portal. When I sign in there, I receive the same error. This has occured across three different App Services setups. I tried using the older Mobile Services, and had this issue. I then moved to the newly released Mobile App Service but have the same issue. Each time I deleted the database and recreated it and the server.
I have also added my client IP to the azure sql server firewall.
I'm at a loss at this point.
Update
I have managed to sign in to the server within the Azure portal designer by omitting the database name. However, when I select the Design option, and then click the Design button on the database, I receive a Failed to create context error. I assume this is related to why I can't connect to the server when I specify a database name in the Azure portal.
