2
votes

I'm working on Flash ActionScript. My Movie Load some data like photo, sounds and photo to the Movie Stage. Each of loaded MovieClip have own animation.

Is it possible to generate (record) FLV or other Movie file from ActionScript with ActionScript?

4

4 Answers

0
votes

It really depends on the type of app you are building. I have in the past used flash to create a video conversion app by piggy-backin on top of ffmpeg. (so really it was ffmpeg doing the actual conversion work) But it was my flash app that allowed people to drag and drop the file and select the output format etc.

Basically I built my app using flash and compiled it using Zinc 2.5. So basically all the functional was done in AS but again, the actual performing of the conversion was done by the ffmpeg binary based on the commands sent to it from the flash app.

0
votes

Not sure there's an AS library for that, but you can take a look to Haxe's hxFormat which has FLV support (you can read and write FLV files).

Keep in mind though, that if you run your app within the browser you'll need server side support for actually writing the files.

-1
votes

Moyea software ( http://www.moyea.com/ ) makes, or used to make, an app that will capture video from an actionscripted Flash movie at whatever frame rate you want.

It was simple and perfect for my purposes when I used it and the video quality was good enough for commercial use.