1
votes

I have deployed an application to Meteor's servers, and when I enter the mongo shell of the url I get an error when I try show dbs

2015-06-01T12:06:57.093-0700 listDatabases failed:{ "ok" : 0, "errmsg" : "unauthorized" } at src/mongo/shell/mongo.js:47

I have read that this may be caused by the version of my mongo shell not matching that of mongo, but Im not sure how to get around it. I can use my meteor db (because I know its there without it being listed) and its collections, but when I try to write anything, I get the following error:

db.users.update({"_id" : "kRmJnwHsRDDXMjpDq"}, {$set : {"admin" : true}})

Cannot use commands write mode, degrading to compatibility mode

1

1 Answers

0
votes

Not a very helpful answer, but despite error messages in the Mongo shell, the changes were successfully propagated to my application, even though this is the message I received after the update command

Cannot use commands write mode, degrading to compatibility mode

WriteResult({ "nMatched" : 1, "nUpserted" : 0 })