2
votes

When i open oracle-sqldeveloper for it is asking for full pathname for java.exe. I have installed a java and added the path like this

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_45\bin

But after adding the path i am getting the following.

enter image description here

1
It is asking for a J2SE SDK, and not the JRE. You need to install the JDK for it to work, I guess. - inquizitive

1 Answers

0
votes

When i open oracle-sqldeveloper for it is asking for full pathname for java.exe.

This is an issue with the missing JDK. SQL Developer cannot run only with JRE, it needs JDK for the debugger to work, something related to Java Debug Wire Protocol.

I think from SQL Developer version 4 onwards, the JDK is embedded with the installation software. So, if you have downloaded the version 4 or up, you should be able to run it without additional installation of JDK, if prompted then provide the path to the embedded jdk.

Else, if your SQL Developer version is below 4, then you need to additionally download the jdk. See this download link.

The SQL Developer configuration file would be present at:

$ORACLE_HOME/sqldeveloper/sqldeveloper/bin/sqldeveloper.conf