0
votes

I am trying to collect information for my next project where I have to use XSLTForms in vb.net web forms.

Can you suggest me some complete example about this (even if the server language is different)?

I started to read about XSLTForms but for me the integration of them in VB.net is not clear yet. The functionalities I will have to implement are the normal CRUD operations.

One of the doubts is why to use an xform processor (in my case XSLTForms ) instead of doing a simple XSLT - Transformation like

<asp:Content ID="BodyContent" ContentPlaceHolderID="MainContent"     runat="server">
<asp:Xml DocumentSource="cdcatalog.xml" TransformSource="cdcatalog.xsl" runat="server" />
</asp:Content>

where I specify the XSL Style Sheet?

1

1 Answers

0
votes

Currently, XSLTForms is designed for generating a full HTML page (head and body) using an XSLT transformation.

First, VB.Net can be used to perform this XSLT transformation which is really simple, as you said, just applying the XSLT stylesheet at server-side, if it is considered better than at client-side, or even just sending the processing instruction for that to the browser.

Then, while the form is running at client-side, HTTP submissions can occur with associated data. VB.Net will have to process raw HTTP requests. XForms does not specify any context information so authors have to prepare what is needed for server treatment (including credentials).

That is exactly what is done for XSLTForms+PHP.