I'm trying to extend Ember's TextField with UrlField so that if someone forgets to include http://, it does it for them.
Here's my View:
views/input-url.js
import Ember from 'ember';
export default Ember.TextField.extend({
type: 'url',
didInsertElement: function() {
this._super.apply(this, arguments);
this.formatValue();
},
onValueChange: function() {
this.formatValue();
}.observes('value'),
formatValue: function() {
var pattern = /^https{0,1}:\/\/[A-Za-z0-9]+\.[A-Za-z0-9]+/g;
if (pattern.test(this.get('value')))
return;
if (!pattern.test('http://' + this.get('value')))
return;
this.set('value', 'http://' + this.get('value'));
}
});
If I use it in my template like this, it works fine:
{{view "input-url" value=url}}
I prefer to use custom view helpers, so I created this (following the guide at the bottom of this page: http://guides.emberjs.com/v1.11.0/templates/writing-helpers/):
helpers/input-url.js
import Ember from 'ember';
import InputUrl from '../views/input-url';
export default Ember.Handlebars.makeBoundHelper(InputUrl);
Now trying to render this in my template doesn't work:
{{input-url value=url}}
I've also tried different permutations of this, including what's shown in the guide Ember.Handlebars.makeBoundHelper('input-url', InputUrl); (which throws an error), but I can't seem to get my input field to show up. What am I doing wrong?