Before putting this on the cloud code I tested it in Angular with success producing the correct console.log responses throughout the program. Since this function manipulates data in the user table it must use the master key and be in cloud code. With this code in the cloud it saves the column 'duty' to the user table but with no data (there is data to be saved, this I am sure of). Moreover, I'm not even sure that the code runs past the first Parse Query as the console.log returns nothing in the Parse Logs. Where am I going wrong?
'use strict';
var express = require('express');
var app = express();
app.use(express.bodyParser());
var _ = require('underscore');
var server = require('http').createServer(app);
Parse.Cloud.define("updateMerchant", function(request, response) {
Parse.Cloud.useMasterKey();
var user = Parse.Object.extend("User")
var merchantQuery = new Parse.Query(Parse.User);
var Offers = Parse.Object.extend("Offer");
var offerQuery = new Parse.Query(Offers);
var Matches = Parse.Object.extend("Matched");
var matchQuery = new Parse.Query(Matches);
var merchantDuty = [];
var merchants = request.params.data;//I confirmed the validity of this a key value pair where the value is an array of objects.
var merchantIds = _.map(merchants, function(n){return n.id});
console.log(merchantIds)
offerQuery.containedIn("user", merchants);
offerQuery.limit(1000);
offerQuery.find({//CODE STOPS RUNNING?!?
success: function (offers) {
var offerIds = _.map(offers, function (n) {
return n.id});
console.log(offers)//this is telling as it does not appear in the Parse log!
var offersBeta = _.map(offers, function (n) {
return _.extend(_.find(n), {id: n.id})});
matchQuery.containedIn("offer", offers);
matchQuery.limit(1000);
matchQuery.find({
success: function (matches) {
var merchantArray = _.map(_.flatten(matches), function (n) {return _.find(n)});
var offers3 = _.map(offersBeta, function (n) {return _.extend(n, {
Matched: _.filter(merchantArray, function (a) {return a.offer.id == n.id})})})
var duty = function (TotalBill, id) {
var promise = new Parse.Promise();
merchantQuery.get(id, {
success: function (merchantBill) {
merchantBill.set("duty", TotalBill);
merchantBill.save().then(function(obj){ console.log(obj); }, function(error){console.log(error)})}})}
merchantDuty.push(duty(_.map(offer9, function(n){return n.TotalBill}), _.map(offer9, function(n){return n.id})));
},
error: function(){console.log(error);
}
})
}
})
//Code begins running again!
return Parse.Promise.when(merchantDuty).then(function() {
response.success("Success");
},
function(error) {response.error("Something is still wrong");
console.log(error);})
})
To be more clear, nothing between offerQuery.find and return Parse.Promise is run.