I'm hoping to get some ideas on handling session timeouts in coldfusion.
Right now, when a user logs in, I set session.LoggedIn to true, then of course, when the session times out, that changes to false. All of my coldfusion pages are coded to check for this variable and if it's false, it redirects to and Access Denied page. I changed that code to redirect to index.cfm where their credentials are validated and they're redirected back to their home page. The problem with doing it this way, is if they are in one of their applications and their session expires, when they click on something, they get taken back to their home page.
I tried using a cflocation tag in the OnSessionEnd function in Application.cfc, but of course that didn't work. It's not a real critical issue but I was hoping I could get some ideas from the forum on how you handle this in your environments.
Thanks
onRequestStartfunction in Application.cfc? Also, when the session times out, the session scope will probably be empty, so relying on session.LoggedIn being equal to false might not work as well as you had hoped. - Dan Bracuk