So I'm looking for some understanding on how templates and such work.
I've movie.html file with a template named movies in it, with a movie.js helper that returns a collection.
Movies Template
<template name="movies">
<li>{{title}}</li>
</template>
JS Helpers
Template.body.helpers({
movie: function () {
return Movies.find({});
}
});
Now I've another template that does a bunch of other things but one of them is to iterate over this list and display it.
List Template
<template name="list">
<ul>
{{#each movie}}
{{> movies}}
{{/each}}
</ul>
</template>
In this situation the list doesn't popular with the data.
However, if I move the contents of the list template outside of a template and just on the main.html it works great!
This is how I used to use it but I've started to use Houston Admin Package which uses Iron:Router so I've moved the main (and only) page to a template for routing purposes, which breaks my looping list.
I'm sure I'm missing something minor but I can't figure it out.