I am using a script like this to loop through some data in a text file:
Do Until objFile.AtEndOfStream
'Check if it is not a blank line; otherwise skip it
If Len(Trim(objFile.ReadLine)) > 0 Then
'Some code
end if
Loop
I print out the values every time through and it gets all the way to end of the file (I can see that it prints every value) but when it reaches the end it always errors out. I used on error resume next and printed out Err.Number and I get error number 9 which is Subscript out of range.
The issue with the file I'm looping through is that the last line is blank. I know this because I've opened the file, removed the final blank line and then run the code and it works fine. This is an automated process though (the file is automatically sent to the FTP and the process runs by an automated task every day) so I can't go in and manually be getting rid of the last line every day. I included that If Len(Trim(objFile.ReadLine)) > 0 Then to take this blank line into account and it works fine on the lines with data but it still throws an error at the end of file.
I could have the loop end when it reaches a blank line but I would like to keep a condition in there in the case that a blank line shows up in the middle of the code for some reason down the line. I figure it'll be cleaner to figure out if it truly is the last line of the file and then end the loop.
Any ideas? Thanks for your help!
subscript out of rangeerror. - Ansgar Wiechers