2
votes

I wanna help in achieving below mule use-case.Mule flow contains http-inbound-endpoint and object-string transformer(optional) and logger which prints the payload.

Requirement is that i am invoking flow with rest client with a json string

{
"name":"ساختبار",
"age":"25"
}

in the json string name can of different language for example Arabic language string.

I tried with same implementation with sample json string with name defined in Arabic input string from rest client.But while checking the logger output prints

{
"name":"???????",
"age":"25"
}

instead of actual input.

How i can get the actual Arabic or any language input string printed in logger.

1
Is this a character set issue? Are you using, for example, UTF-8 for message conversion and logging? - vikingsteve
Just to make sure: this issue is only with the logger? Otherwise, the internal representation is correct? What do you do with the data besides logging? - David Dossot
Hi David, the issue not only with logger ,just in java component also when i am printing the result the same output is coming.I need to transform the data to XML. - Mohan
Hi vikingsteve,I have set the charset to UTF-8 when i am invoking from rest client, the same issue coming . - Mohan
If by any chance you are only testing in Studio, I would also try this: decoding.wordpress.com/2010/03/18/… - Víctor Romero

1 Answers

1
votes

As per forum, set the correct Eclipse console encoding following these instructions and set the appropiate encoding on your endpoints.