0
votes

Having a problem with WordPress HTTPS and Google Analytics' In-Page Analytics. GA's In-Page Analytics essentially provides you with a click heatmap.

Unfortunately, however, I am experiencing problems. GA is alerting me to the following error, and will not display In-Page Analytics data.

Errors

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/UhUWXPp.png

Captioned: Error: The website in your settings (redacted) redirects into a different domain (redacted). In-page analytics currently works on only one domain...

Troubleshooting Steps

  • I've ascertained the GA account is set to https:// and not http://.
  • I've tried the Chrome extension with similar results. While the In-Page Analytics seems to load, it does not display any data and yields error 20006. Googling yields a variety of different and seemingly irrelevant results.
  • I've ascertained this issue also exists in a second site, also using SSL and the WordPress HTTPS plugin.
1

1 Answers

0
votes

Well, there was nothing wrong on either end. I simply failed to set the Google Analytics property to https:// in both Property settings and View settings. Both are necessary to force Google Analytics to use SSL.