0
votes

I would like to delete records from an database table on Azure when the table reaches a certain size.

I would normally do this by scheduling a stored procedure job using SQL Server Agent.

Is the SQL Server Agent available on databases held on Azure?

Should I use an alternative approach?

1
Use Azure WebJobs to execute the logic you need (calling a sproc in the database?): azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/… - Simon W

1 Answers

2
votes

If you run SQL Server in a Virtual Machine (or a cluster of Virtual Machines), you'll have all available features at your disposal.

If you are using Azure SQL Database service, there are some differences in terms of features offered. With SQL Database, SQL Server Agent is not available. If use of SQL Server Agent is a necessity, you'll need to run SQL Server in a VM.

The list of limitations is documented here.