I am working on a custom ROM for Android 5.0 and I found out the class StackBox.java in : frameworks/base/services/java/com/android/server/wm/ doesn't exist anymore.
Does anybody know if there is a new class which replaced it?
Thank you in advance
I am working on a custom ROM for Android 5.0 and I found out the class StackBox.java in : frameworks/base/services/java/com/android/server/wm/ doesn't exist anymore.
Does anybody know if there is a new class which replaced it?
Thank you in advance
You can use Git to find out when and how a file has been removed or renamed.
$ cd frameworks/base
$ git log -M --name-status --all -- services/java/com/android/server/wm/StackBox.java
For me this yields the following at the top:
commit ed6649f89f236ea9e665028bd33d6d804b906a92
Author: Craig Mautner <[email protected]>
Date: Mon Dec 2 14:08:25 2013 -0800
DO NOT MERGE: Eliminate StackBox.
StackBox is too constraining. Adding size and position to TaskStacks
directly makes stack positioning and management more flexible and
prepares for ActivityView.
Change-Id: I33c6b4e1c23a5a8069fd507c160bcb34e4d287b2
D services/java/com/android/server/wm/StackBox.java
Note the "D" on the last line that tells us that the commit deletes the file in question (if you add the --diff-filter=D option you'll only get commits that deletes the file but then you might lose out on commits that rename the file). Feeding the commit id to git tag --contains tells you in which release this change was introduced:
$ git tag --contains ed6649f89f236ea9e665028bd33d6d804b906a92
android-5.0.0_r1
android-5.0.0_r2
android-5.0.0_r3
android-5.0.0_r4
android-5.0.0_r5
android-5.0.0_r5.1
android-5.0.0_r6
android-5.0.0_r7
android-5.0.1_r1
android-5.0.2_r1
android-wear-5.0.0_r1
I don't know this code well enough to be able to tell you what to use instead but I hope this commit contains what you need.