0
votes

I have created an SSRS report with several tables using several stored procedures on SGMIS. The report is to be delivered either by email in PDF format, or should be able to be run by the designated users on demand from the URL

The report runs fine, scheduled run is fine, sends the email with the report in PDF file attached.

Unfortunately whenever the user () tries to run it from the URL, she gets an error message like this:

The permissions granted to user 'mydomain\myAccount' 
are insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied) 
(ReportingServicesLibrary)

But the user definitely has all the permissions on the report server and the folder (so \CSC\ and the report itself) – we even checked that she has a login on the SQL Server, and she is mapped to the Public role on there and she has access to the database too.

What else do we need to do in order for a user who is not in the Systems dept. or admins to execute an SSRS report through the URL?

1
You again..? Hey - dumb question, but did you check the last 2 paragraphs ("User Action") of this MSDN page? - Lynn Crumbling
I did but I guess I was looking for confirmation of what I should do? I am an Admin on the report and SQL Server, but surely the Browser user doesn't need to be an Admins? - Our Man in Bananas
Just curious if you've had any luck resolving this... - Lynn Crumbling

1 Answers

1
votes

I checked my configuration, and I have the following:

  • Login into the Reports Manager at http://servername/reports

  • Select the folder the contains your reports, then click "Folder Settings". If the base folder contains the report, just click "Folder Settings" immediately.

  • If not already selected, click "Security" on the left sidebar.

  • Click "New Role Assignment".

  • For Group or User Name, enter: NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users

  • Check off Browser in the list of roles.

  • Click OK.