I'm attempting to render a notes document to RTF, then DXL using the Java API. Once I have the DXL, I'm converting it to HTML with an XSL stylesheet. My goal is to produce an HTML document that displays as close as possible to the document rendering in the notes client.
However, computed fields are missing from the rendered RTF and DXL.
Here is the code used to generate the DXL:
private String renderDocumentToDxl(lotus.domino.Document lotusDocument)
throws Exception {
Database db = getDatabase();
lotus.domino.Document tmp = db.createDocument();
RichTextItem rti = tmp.createRichTextItem("Body");
lotusDocument.computeWithForm(true, false);
lotusDocument.save();
lotusDocument.renderToRTItem(rti);
DxlExporter dxlExporter = getSession().createDxlExporter();
dxlExporter.setOutputDOCTYPE(false);
dxlExporter.setConvertNotesBitmapsToGIF(true);
return dxlExporter.exportDxl(tmp);
}
Fields added to the document by the call to computeWithForm are not present in the generated DXL.
Is there any way to get the computed fields into the generated DXL with the Java API? Or is there a better way to generate an HTML representation of a notes document using the domino Java API?