I am making an Excel form with some activeX controls and am having a problem incorporating the following functionallity:

I wish for the users to select a number in ComboBox11. If the number be 0, the form changes so, that comboboxes 9 and 10 become disabled (using VBA code) and the table below 'fades out' (using conditional formatting), informing the user not to fill it out.
On the other hand if the user selects a number larger than 0, the form stays as it is. Under the table is a checkbox (checkbox1) used to expand the table (unhiding previously hidden rows) if data needeed to be put in the form is larger than the table size.
The VBA code behind combobox 11 is:
Private Sub ComboBox11_change()
Dim ws As Worksheet
Set ws = Sheets("Form")
If Not Me.ComboBox11.Text = "" Then ws.Range("J24") = CInt(Me.ComboBox11.Text) 'to write integer instead of text into linked cell
If Me.ComboBox11.Value = 0 Then
Me.ComboBox9.Enabled = False
Me.ComboBox10.Enabled = False
If Me.CheckBox1.Value = True Then Me.CheckBox1.Value = False 'if combobox11 is 0 than the table doesn't need to be expanded
Me.CheckBox1.Enabled = False
Else
Me.ComboBox9.Enabled = True
Me.ComboBox10.Enabled = True
Me.CheckBox1.Enabled = True
End If
End Sub
And the code behind CheckBox1 is:
Private Sub CheckBox1_Change()
Dim ws As Worksheet
Set ws = Sheets("Form")
If CheckBox1.Value = False Then ws.Rows("46:71").Hidden = True
If CheckBox1.Value = True Then ws.Rows("46:71").Hidden = False
End Sub
So, if I select 0 in combobox11 the result is:

So far so good. But if I select something larger than 0, say 1 in combobox11 and then try to expand the table by clicking on the checkbox1, the table expands, but I get an error message:
Run-time error '1004': Not possible to set properties: enabled class: OLEObject
(not sure about the exact error text, since I'm not using English MSOffice)
When pressing the Debug button, the following line in Sub ComboBox11_Change() lights up:
Me.ComboBox9.Enabled = True
The Strange thing is, that this error does not appear when the combobox11 is left blank ( a value is not selected).
I have no idea why the checkbox would interact with the other comboboxes. I am bewildered and any help would be much appreciated.

and use this "list" as the ListFillRange of the ComboBox, then the error occurs ever if rows in this sheet were hidden from code. This is independent on whether the hidden rows are within the real active "list" rows 1-6 or not.