I can't get the connection to work for Oracle WebLogic 12c using SQL Developer. Here is the error that I get when I click connect:
An error was encountered performing the requested operation:
/usr/lib/java/libocijdbc11.dylib: dlopen(/usr/lib/java/libocijdbc11.dylib, 1): Library not loaded: /ade/b/2475221476/oracle/rdbms/lib/libclntsh.dylib.11.1
Referenced from: /usr/lib/java/libocijdbc11.dylib
Reason: image not found
Vendor code 0
When I click Test in the Settings of SQL Developer I get the following log:
Testing the Instant Client located at /usr/lib/java
Testing client directory ... OK
Testing loading Oracle JDBC driver ... OK
Testing checking Oracle JDBC driver version ... OK
Driver version: 11.2.0.3.0
Testing testing native OCI library load ... Failed:
Error loading the native OCI library
The native OCI driver could not be loaded. The system propertyjava.library.path
contains the entries from the environment variable DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH.
Check it to verify that the expected native library
directory /usr/lib/java is present and precedes any other client installations.
java.library.path = /Users/gasim/Library/Java/Extensions:/Library/Java/Extensions:/Network/Library/Java/Extensions:/System/Library/Java/Extensions:/usr/lib/java:.
Here is an outline of my setup:
- Operating system: OSX Mavericks (10.9.4 to be specific)
- The Java SE Runtime version: "1.8.0" (build "1.8.0_11-b12")
- Oracle Instant is located under /usr/lib/java. The directory is set in the SQL Developer (through Database > Advanced)
- The Oracle server is up and running with default parameters (localhost:7001) and I can access the web admin console.
- Oracle Instant Client version: 11.2.0.4.0
- java.library.path = /Users/gasim/Library/Java/Extensions:/Library/Java/Extensions:/Network/Library/Java/Extensions:/System/Library/Java/Extensions:/usr/lib/java:.
The directory listing of /usr/lib/java:
BASIC_README
adrci
genezi
libclntsh.dylib.11.1
libnnz11.dylib
libocci.dylib.11.1
libociei.dylib
libocijdbc11.dylib
ojdbc5.jar
ojdbc6.jar
uidrvci
xstreams.jar
The thing is, libocijdbc11.dylib does exist in /usr/lib/java and that directory is in the library path of java. I just don't get it. Am I missing something here? What else can I try for solving this problem or at least debugging deeper?