6
votes

I am having trouble installing the ME platform for Netbeans 8.0 - I have:

  • Installed Netbeans IDE 8.0

  • Installed jmesdk-3.4

  • Installed the jmesdk-3.4 plugin & activated it in Netbeans

When I try to create a New Java ME > Mobile application project I get a warning saying

No Java ME Platform found. Please add at least one

When i try to add the java platform by locating the jmesdk-3.4 folder, it tells me no platform was detected automatically(failed) and it requires me to add manually.But adding it manually just creates more confusion. need help please.

3

3 Answers

9
votes

How to install JAVA ME SDK 3.4

enter image description here


  • Click the Accept License Agreement option.
  • Create an Account or login
  • Download the Java ME SDK installer file and save it to any location on your computer.
  • Double-click the installer file to run the installer, and follow the instructions.
  • Remember the installations directory. e.g. -> U:\Java_ME_platform_SDK_3.4

When the installation is complete,

the Java (TM) ME Platform SDK Device Manager icon appears in the Windows system tray.

enter image description here

  • Unzip the downloaded oracle-jmesdk-3-4-rr-nb-plugins.zip to a folder
    e.g. oracle-jmesdk-3-4-rr-nb-plugins

enter image description here

How to activate Java ME support in NetBeans IDE?

  • Choose Tools > Plugins from the main IDE's toolbar.
  • In the Plugins dialog box, click the Installed tab and select Java ME in the list of available features.
  • Click Activate.
  • At the Welcome panel of the Installer dialog box, click Activate.
  • When the activation is successfully completed, click Finish.
  • Click Close to close the Plugins dialog box.

enter image description here

How to register Java ME SDK as a platform in NetBeans IDE?

  • Choose Tools > Java Platforms in the IDE.
  • In the Java Platform Manager dialog box, click Add Platforms.
  • In the Add Java Platform dialog box, select Java ME CLDC Platform Emulator and click Next.
  • Select the folder where Java ME SDK is installed in the Choose directory to search for platforms dialog box and click Open.
  • Ensure the Java ME SDK platform is chosen in the Add Java Platform dialog box and click Next.
  • After the IDE detects the platform, click Finish. Java ME SDK should now be registered in the IDE.
  • In the Java Platform Manager dialog box, click Close.

enter image description hereenter image description hereenter image description here

How to install the downloaded plugin

  • Go to Tools -- Plugins -- Downloaded
  • Click Add Plugins
  • Navigate to the Plugin folder e.g. oracle-jmesdk-3-4-rr-nb-plugins

enter image description here

  • Select all .nbm

enter image description here

  • Restart Netbeans

enter image description here

enjoy the new program examples

enter image description hereenter image description here

Done

More Information wiki.netbeans

1
votes

I heve readed that that can be being caused by the new serialization filter feature in the JDK(Serialization Filtering. Seems that it was added to JDK 8 after the 112 update so on this update of the JDK it shall work but it certainly is possibly to use the Java ME SDK on JDKs with this feature. I did it at least on JDK 1.8.0_192. To this I had to make some changes on the java.security file. The chages were:

  • Remove the # on front of jdk.serialFilter
  • Replace the texto after jdk.serialFilter to *
  • Romove the # on front of sun.rmi.registry.registryFilter property and of it parametres and remove the whitespaces and / from the same.
  • Do the same on the sun.rmi.transport.dgcFilter property.
  • Append ;* at the last parameter of sun.rmi.registry.registryFilter

It seems to be importante to not corrupt the parameters because I do this and the emulator wasn't starting.

I tried on JDK 11.0.1 and it don't work.

0
votes

I did what the other answer recommends, which worked, but only when using Netbeans IDE 7.4 and JDK 1.7 for a 32-bit system (https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-downloads-javase7-521261.html). Currently using a Windows 10 64-bit system. Note that I did not accept any updates for the required Java ME plugins, as I hear that might make things crash.