I understand there is a difference between a device token in distribution build vs a development build.
I have push notifications working for sandbox mode with my device token.
I created new certificates for distribution and I get successful delivery to the APSN in the distribution environment.
However, my device no longer gets the notifications (which I suspect occurs because I have my development device token being sent the the server) when using distribution settings.
I have gone to Project Scheme and set the Build Configuration to Release but the device token I get is still the same as it was before.
(Also note that I have set the Application Bundle ID to allow push notifications in both development and distribution, and I am using the distribution certificate on the server).
Could you please advise me on what I am missing to get push notifications working in development mode and what I am doing wrong to get the 'live' device token I need to send push notifications?
Bonus Question: Why does the server not return an error of "invalid device token" if it's getting a development device token instead of a distribution token for the live APNS?
ANSWER:
Needed to archive the project and export as ad-hox distribution. That worked.
