I have a form with an input and a button, styled with bootstrap. I am using grid colums to give the input and the button their own width.
But it seems to change the input's width, I have to assign the col-* class to the div surrounding the input, whereas the button can receive the class on itself.
This ends up with the input not using the width I was hoping to give it.
<div class="container">
<div class="row">
<form name="search" role="search">
<div class="form-group col-sm-10 col-xs-12">
<input type="text" class="form-control input-lg" placeholder="Hey"/>
</div>
<div class="form-group">
<button class="btn btn-primary btn-lg col-sm-2 col-xs-12" type="submit">
Search
</button>
</div>
</form>
</div>
</div>
Here is a jsfiddle where I added a line on the page as a reference to show up to where the input should go on the left. As you make the fiddle window smaller, the button goes under the input and reaches a full lenght, but the input still has a gap on both sides.