0
votes

My client set auto-upgrade for a component "Smart form golder' component. After the auto upgrade, Akeeba components stop working.

It throws fatal error in administrator component page -

Fatal error: Access level to AkeebasubsToolbar::renderSubmenu() must be public (as in class FOFToolbar) in /public_html/administrator/components/com_akeebasubs/toolbar.php on line 358

But the front end working fine, when I checked with Akeeba support forum, they said that it requires upgrade. I customize the component so I am not willing to do also the upgrade can be done through Joomla admin panel and the page are not loading properly. So I am not sure how to fix this.

Please help me.

1
if you have customized the component and aren't willing to do an upgrade then you're pretty much stuck. This is why customizations should be done using plugins - Lodder

1 Answers

1
votes

Simply reinstall the modified version of the fof your version of Akeeba component came from. Your new component "smart form golder" may stop working.

fof - "framework on framework" is now integrated in Joomla since version 3.2. It was developed by Akeeba and ships with all their components; alas it changed a lot between versions, you usually need the exact version the component shipped with.