2
votes

I am just trying to run a simple hello world application but the simulator is just displaying a black screen.
I have read several forums and followed solutions recommended but none worked.

I tried the following;

  1. Cleaning the project
  2. Deleting the app from the simulator
  3. Restart the simulator
  4. Removed /Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/ files

But none worked.

Is there any solution for this ?

Note: OS version Mac OS 10.9
Xcode 5.0.1
Simulator : Version 7.0

2

2 Answers

3
votes

This is a know issue in XCode 5.0.1

If an iOS app running in the simulator is detached, a relaunch of the same app from Xcode will result in a black screen in iOS Simulator even though the new instance of the app is launched. Terminate the app in the simulator, or relaunch it a second time. 14648784

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/releasenotes/DeveloperTools/RN-Xcode/#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40001051-SW241

0
votes

Menu -> iOS simulator -> Reset content and settings. This works for me at all times