2
votes

I have a project in symfony2 where I want to map an entity class to the database, but executing php app/console doctrine:schema:update --force gives me following error:

[Doctrine\DBAL\DBALException] Unknown column type "Date" requested. Any Doctrine type that you use has to be registered with \Doctrine\DBAL\Types\Type::addType(). You can get a lis t of all the known types with \Doctrine\DBAL\Types\Type::getTypeMap(). If t his error occurs during database introspection then you might have forgot t o register all database types for a Doctrine Type. Use AbstractPlatform#reg isterDoctrineTypeMapping() or have your custom types implement Type#getMapp edDatabaseTypes(). If the type name is empty you might have a problem with the cache or forgot some mapping information.

What am I doing wrong here? I have following annotations in my entity class:

/**
 * @ORM\Column(name="date", type="Date")
 */
private $date;
1

1 Answers

4
votes

Try to use lowercase type date. Full list of doctrine types see here.

/**
 * @ORM\Column(type="date")
 */
private $date;