I am always getting an error when I add a package to cygwin, for example: Package: Unknown package autorebase.bat exit code 1
/var/log/setup.log.full indicates the problem:
2013/12/02 10:07:57 running: cmd.exe /c "C:\cygwin64\etc\postinstall\autorebase.bat"
2013/12/02 10:07:57 abnormal exit: exit code=1
Running cmd.exe /c "C:\cygwin\etc\postinstall\autorebase.bat" complains about dash not being found.
C:\Users\xxx>cmd /c C:\cygwin64\etc\postinstall\autorebase.bat
'dash' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
So I changed autorebase.bat from
@echo off
rem Postinstall scripts are always started from the Cygwin root dir
rem so we can just call dash from here
path .\bin;%path%
dash /bin/rebaseall -p
to
@echo off
rem Postinstall scripts are always started from the Cygwin root dir
rem so we can just call dash from here
C:
cd C:\cygwin64
path .\bin;%path%
dash /bin/rebaseall -pv
After this change I can run cmd /c C:\cygwin64\etc\postinstall\autorebase.bat cleanly from the command prompt but the error still shows up when I add a package using a installer.
How do I fix this?