I am having a problem with Google Analytics for the last three days, with a jQuery script that was working for the last 2 years without modifications.
I use the plugin jQuery-cookie (https://github.com/carhartl/jquery-cookie).
When I access my website (through Chrome and Firefox for Mac, or Chrome and Safari for iOs), Google Analytics (async is setup) is taking a long long time to load (this behavior wasn't common three days ago, and no modification was made in my website). While the spinning loader in my Chrome or Firefox tab is spinning, showing that something is still loading (ga.js), everything works fine.
But, suddenly, ga.js loads and it brings with it jquery.min.js from ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1, and from now on my jQuery script stops working! And the message I get from the google "Inspect Element" is:
Uncaught TypeError: Object function (a,b){return new e.fn.init(a,b,h)} has no method 'cookie'
It's good to note that I use to load jQuery from my own server, and no page from my website used to load jQuery from google CDN (now I've changed to google CDN to check if it could fix it, but no), and even with this in mind, ga.js brings with it this jquery.min.js from google, again (it was already loaded).
My website is www.tutorbrasil.com.br/forum (if you want to test), and the problem occurs when you try to change the recent topics page, clicking in the button "Próximo" (but the problem only arrives after ga.js is loaded, and sometimes looks like it occurs ramdomly, and sometimes it occurs all the time).
This same error I can find in the website http://jsbeautifier.org/.
I think this could be something Google changed in ga.js... but, does ga.js depends on jquery????
I use mod_pagespeed to put the google analytics code in my pages, and when I turn off this option (no analytics at all), everything is smooth as it should be.
Kind regards...