Class name MyData has 75+ properties that are needed in throughout 7 Scenes.
Currently, I pass the the instance of MyData file with the code below:
in SceneOne:
MyData *myData = [[MyData alloc]init];
-(void) prepareForSegue:(UIStoryboardSegue *)segue sender:(id)sender
{
UIViewController *destinationViewController = segue.destinationViewController;
SceneTwo *sceneTwo = [destinationViewController isKindOfClass:[SceneTwo class]] ? (SceneTwo*)destinationViewController : nil;
sceneTwo.myData = self.myData;
}
This allows me to access any properties as myData.anyProperty
When the 7th Scene is dismissed, I set myData = NULL, and the app returns to SceneOne and a new instance of MyData is initialized.
I'm trying to accomplish above via sharedInstance.
MyData.h
#import <foundation/Foundation.h>
@interface MyData : NSObject {
@property (nonatomic, retain) NSString *someProperty;
// 74 other properties
+ (id)sharedData;
@end
MyData.m
#import "MyData.h"
@implementation MyData
@synthesize someProperty;
+ (id)sharedData {
static Mydata *sharedData = nil;
static dispatch_once_t onceToken;
dispatch_once(&onceToken, ^{
sharedData = [[self alloc] init];
});
return sharedData;
}
@end
Question 1: Will the code above work to access the same instance with the code below in any of the Scenes:
MyData *myData = [MyData sharedData];
Question 2: Can I still access the files as myData.anyProperty ?
Question 3: How do I trigger a new instance of MyData and delete the current instance?
Question 4: I'm downloading a myData file off the web that's a duplicate of MyData class but the properties contain data, and I want Singelton to provide a new instance with the data from the downloaded file, what would be the code for that? i.e myData = [newDownloadedFile copy];
Question 5: Is there an advantage of using Singleton Method Vs. my current method?