Is it possible to query mongodb to return array of matching document id values, without the related keys?
Please consider following 'parent' data structur:
{
"_id": ObjectId("52448e4697fb2b775cb5c3a7"),
"name": "Peter",
"children": [
{
"name": "joe"
}
]
},
{
"_id": ObjectId("52448e4697fb2b775cb5c3b6"),
"name": "Marry",
"children": [
{
"name": "joe"
}
]
}
I would to query for an array of parent _ids whose children have the name "joe"
For provided sample data, I would like the following output returned from mongo:
[ObjectId("52448e4697fb2b775cb5c3a7"), ObjectId("52448e4697fb2b775cb5c3b6")]
I know that I can query for an output like this, which also contains the keys
[{"_id": ObjectId("52448e4697fb2b775cb5c3a7")}, {"_id": ObjectId("52448e4697fb2b775cb5c3b6")}]
However I need to push above array to another document with an update operation like this:
db.statistic.update({"date": today}, {$push: {"children": [ObjectId("52448e4697fb2b775cb5c3a7"), ObjectId("52448e4697fb2b775cb5c3b6")]}}, true, false)
I would like to avoid sorting out the document structure, in case it is possible to just return an array containing the appropriate values using mongo