Forgive me, I'm very new to using REST.
Currently I'm using SP2013 Odata (_api/web/lists/getbytitle('<list_name>')/items?) to get the contents of a list. The list has 199 items in it so I need to call it twice and each time ask for a different set of items. I figured I could do this by calling:
_api/web/lists/getbytitle('<list_name>')/items?$skip=100&$top=100
each time changing however many I need to skip. The problem is this only ever returns the first 100 items. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is $skip broken in the OData service?
Is there a better way to iterate through REST calls, assuming this way doesn't work or isn't practical?
I'm using the JSon protocol with the Accept Header equaling application/json;odata=verbose
I suppose the $top=100 isn't really necessary
Edit: I've looked it up more and, I'm not entirely sure of the terms here, but using $skip works fine if you're using the method introduced with SharePoint 2010, i.e., _vti_bin/ListData.svc/<list_name>?$skip=100
Actually, funny enough, the old way doesn't set a 100 item limit on returns. So skip isn't even necessary. But, if you'd like to only return a certain segment of data, you'd have to do something like:
_vti_bin/ListData.svc/<list_name>?$skip=x&$top=(x+y)
where each time through the loop you would have something like x+=y
You can either use the old method which I described above, or check out my answer below for an explanation of how to do this using SP2013 OData