0
votes

I'm using GNUstep to begin with learning Objective-C. I could find the header files for all, but don't know where to find its implementation files. I was thinking, with that I can understand the whole programming style and many more.

I am working without mac , so if some body knows about any good tutorials , that i can use to identify structure of every Classes.

For instance, i have to parse an xml file, just to learn, but don't know where to start. Without IDE its hard to find out the sequence, and I don't have got access to any tutorials that best explains this, ( all that i get is in accordance with i-Phone and Cocoa. )

I'm concentrating on console programs, so that I can be thorough with the syntax and language.

Pls help me.

3

3 Answers

4
votes

http://gnustep.org/ is the best resource for GNUstep related information, including source and documentation.

0
votes

GNUStep has some tutorials and definitely the source code available.

You will find that there are small bits and pieces where Cocoa has moved on so GNUStep will not recognize new methods and things like properties or any new objective-2.0 stuff and so on.

0
votes

Where ever you have the source installed, you can find NSString.m here

/path_to_my_src/gnustep/modules/core/base/Source/NSString.m