0
votes

I'm a student who gets SPSS for free from my university, so IBM's customer support has been completely useless. I keep getting the following error on my Mac:

GET

FILE='/Users/~my name~/Downloads/usnews 1995 college data.sav'.

>Error # 9233. Command name: GET FILE

>The procedure could not be executed because a required external module was

>either not readable or corrupt.

>Execution of this command stops.

dlopen errno(2): No such file or directory

dlopen(/Applications/IBM/SPSS/Statistics/21/SPSSStatistics.app/Contents/bin/../lib/libspsswfil

.dylib, 10): Symbol not found: __ZN14SpssGoToCallerD1Ev

Referenced from: /Applications/IBM/SPSS/Statistics/21/SPSSSt

DATASET NAME DataSet1 WINDOW=FRONT.

Has anyone dealt with this issue before? I tried uninstalling and doing a fresh installation and changing the data set file names to exclude special characters. No improvement. I can also open output files just fine, but I can't view the corresponding data files at all.

1

1 Answers

0
votes

See this link for technical support for students https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=14941991&#14941991

I have not heard of this problem before - it does sound like a corrupted installation, but TS will want to know exactly what version of Statistics and exactly what Mac OS version you are using.