I want to do search inside some books, then result of each book appears in separate item of pivot control. each one is represented by a separate LongListSelector control inside that PivotItem. Now I want to know should I assing ItemsSource for LongListSelector or for its parent which is a Pivot?
There is a dictionary for all books:
private Dictionary<string, List<Model>> ItemResources = new Dictionary<string, List<Model>>();
and a List<Model> for each book, which will be saved as a value inside ItemResources above.
this is what I do:
foreach (var translation in ItemResources)
{
PivotItem pivotItem = new PivotItem
{
Header = translation.Key
};
LongListSelector lls = new LongListSelector
{
HideEmptyGroups = false,
IsGroupingEnabled = false
};
lls.ItemTemplate = Resources["template"] as DataTemplate;
lls.ItemsSource = translation.Value;
pivotItem.Content = lls;
ResultPivot.Items.Add(pivotItem);
}
and the template is a reusable DataTemplate which I redproduce it for each longlistselector inside each pivotItem of the ResultPivot:
<phone:PhoneApplicationPage.Resources>
<DataTemplate x:Key="template">
<StackPanel Margin="0,0,0,0" Orientation="Vertical">
<StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Height="Auto" VerticalAlignment="Top" Width="455" Margin="3,20,3,0">
<TextBlock Text="{Binding Name}" TextWrapping="Wrap" Style="{StaticResource PhoneTextLargeStyle}" FontSize="{StaticResource PhoneFontSizeNormal}"/>
<TextBlock Text="{Binding Number}" TextWrapping="Wrap" Style="{StaticResource PhoneTextLargeStyle}" FontSize="{StaticResource PhoneFontSizeNormal}"/>
</StackPanel>
<StackPanel Height="Auto" VerticalAlignment="Top" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Width="455" Margin="3,0,3,20">
<TextBlock Text="{Binding Text}" TextWrapping="Wrap" Style="{StaticResource PhoneTextLargeStyle}" FontSize="{StaticResource PhoneFontSizeNormal}"/>
</StackPanel>
</StackPanel>
</DataTemplate>
</phone:PhoneApplicationPage.Resources>
The problem is that nothing appears on the screen after running. I saw in debugging, that the values are there, but it seems something is wrong with data binding. How can I solve it? thanks
(this is a Windows Phone 8 App, but because the concept is the same for WPF and its wide community I added it too)
INotifyPropertyChanged? - PoweredByOrangeDataContext. But I don't know how this was working a while ago? - user2490629