I'm evaluating the ability of the new gradle-based build system to reproduce our current ant-based build process and, as a gradle beginner, I failed to get checkstyle running with the android gradle plugin.
Environment:
gradle 1.6 running fine on a standard java project (checkstyle check target included)
up-to-date android SDK (22.0.1 with platform tools and build tools 17)
no eclipse, no android studio, only my lovely terminal
Symptom:
The target project is https://github.com/nibua-r/LigoTextDemo and I succeeded to build it using gradle but if I naively add apply plugin: checkstyle to my build.gradle:
buildscript {
repositories {
mavenCentral()
}
dependencies {
classpath 'com.android.tools.build:gradle:0.4.2'
}
}
apply plugin: 'android'
apply plugin: 'checkstyle'
android {
buildToolsVersion '17'
compileSdkVersion 15
testBuildType 'debug'
defaultConfig {
versionCode = 1
versionName = '1.0'
minSdkVersion 12
targetSdkVersion 15
}
buildTypes {
debug {
packageNameSuffix = '.debug'
}
}
}
then gradle check doesn't even complain on not finding the checkstyle.xml file (at the default config/checkstyle location) and returns:
:check UP-TO-DATE
BUILD SUCCESSFUL
What's needed:
First, I just need a running checkstyle target. Then, I need to automate checkstyle running as a dependency of the compilation (but lets get the chekstyle target up and running first).
Assumption:
This may be related to the fact that (from the [user guide][1]):
The Android plugin […] uses its own sourceSets
but I'm not enough gradle-efficient to understand what I'm missing there. Please, gradle Master, enlighten me with your valuable knowledge!